Tel: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Your Credit Union
Your Credit Unions goal is to provide safe, sensible and socially minded financial products and solutions to our members, to help them achieve their goals independently and responsibly.
We will offer excellent value savings and loans to our members that are:
- Available to everyone offering financial services for everyone
- Simple and quick to join, you will be able to join online or over the telephone or by post - just request a paper application form
- Safe and secure, your deposit is protected up to 75,000 GBP. We are members of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme
- Convenient, you can deposit a lump sum or save regularly and will receive an annual return of the profits known as a dividend.
- Flexible - loans to suit all budgets - borrow between 50 GBP and 7500 GBP and repay on either a weekly, 2 weekly, 4 weekly or monthly basis.
- Good value, you have access to loans at affordable rates.
- Local and ethical, becoming a member helps our local community as well as yourself.
- We are not a bank! You own and control the credit union.
About Credit Unions
Joining a credit union means that your money is being put to good use in your local community, helping to support local households and benefitting the local economy.
Credit Unions are not for profit financial co-operatives owned by their members.
The goal of credit unions is to:
- To create a fair and reasonable source of loans for its members
- To encourage people to save on a regular basis
- To promote the welfare of the local community
Credit unions go back hundreds of years and were first started in Germany in the mid 1800s. Today, according to the World Council of Credit Unions, there are 51,000 credit unions in 100 countries around the world, enabling 196 million members to access affordable financial services.
Credit unions are especially popular in Ireland, America and the Caribbean. In the UK, according to the Association of British Credit Unions, there are 405 credit unions with over 1 million members saving over 1 billion GBP.
Your individual savings at credit unions are covered under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. Your money is 100% safe if anything were to go wrong.
Credit Unions also belong to the Financial Ombudsman Service and if you ever have any complaints that cannot be addressed by the credit union you can go directly to the ombudsman.